PLACE: Next Barn Over Farm, 15 Lawrence Plain Rd, Hadley MA
DATE: Sat., 10/18
TIME: 2-11pm (see events below)
COST: Suggested donation for all you can eat mutton and music - 10-20$. This is a fundraising festival with the goals listed above. If everyone pays just the sliding scale, it will probably just cover the cost of the sheep. We are asking folks to consider making a significant contribution, which is a direct investment in local food equity and security. What about donating 1 day's worth of work? One week? Remember, there may come a time when all the money in the world can't buy fresh fruit. Consider that each 25$ plants a new tree!
- BYOB (Homebrews to share if feeling generous.)
- Wild food / home grown potluck appetizer or side for the sheep
- Veggie / Herb seeds for the seed swamp
AMAZING LINE UP OF EVENTS:
- 2-4pm - Sheep butchering workshop
- 4 - Begin spit roasting sheep for feast!
- 5-7 - Hide tanning & Friction fire workshops
- 7 - Fruit tree seed give away (take home a baby tree!) + mini seed swap (BYO seeds), Help Yourself info session
- 7-9- Live music with YES DEER and FLAME N PEACH
- 8 - Cob oven fired up for DIY pizzas
- 8 - Wild Foods Potluck dinner / Roast mutton - BYO Sides to share
- 9 - Bonfire, hang out, celebrate the fall while marinating in good company!
Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/287252654797622/#