The proceeds will fund public planting projects this spring. Over their long lives, they will yield hundreds of pounds of fresh food. Plants are small, 1-2 ft. seedlings. Expect 3-8+ years for fruit. Pick up BARE ROOT plants in Northampton 1st weekend in May. All plants 5$ ea or 5 for 20$.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to order, or use the form below!
- Black Walnut – tree, abundant edible nuts. 70 ft+. Plant 2+ for fruit. Space 30'+ apart.
- Nannyberry – shrubby tree, delicious raisin fruits. 20 ft., Space 10'
- Rugosa Rose – thorny shrub, pink flowers, edible hips. 6 ft. Space 5'
- American Plum – small tree, flowers, plums in summer Need 2+ for fruit. 12 ft. Space 6-8'
- High-bush Cranberry – shrub, flowers, sour red fruit in fall. 10 ft. Space 6'
- Sunchoke– Jerusalem artichoke w. delicious starchy root. Spreads, persists, productive. 6 ft.
- Persimmon – tree w sweet fruit to 50' Need male&female for fruit. Unsexed. Space 30'.
- Hazelnut – American. Dense shrub to 10'. Need 2+ for nuts. Space 5-10'.
- Juneberry – Serviceberry (A. alnifolia). Shrub to 10'. Space 5-8'. Delicious berries.
- Black Aronia – Chokeberry. Nutritious, astringent fruit used for juice. Shrub to 8'.
- Black Elderberry – shrub to 10'. prefers moist soil. Edible/med. Berries.